The official version of these general terms and conditions of sale has been drafted and revised in French. The translation of certain terms into English may have altered the meaning. In case of doubt, please refer to the French document.
These general terms and conditions of sale (hereinafter referred to as the "GTCS") apply to all orders placed via the online shop of the University of Geneva (hereinafter referred to as the "Boutique UNIGE").
The University of Geneva reserves the right to amend these GTCS at any time. The version of the GTCS valid at the time of the order shall apply. By using the shop.unige.ch site and placing an order, you accept these GTCS in their entirety.
By using the services offered by the site, in particular by purchasing items offered for sale, the purchaser confirms that he or she is a natural person of at least 18 years of age and has full civil rights.
2. Offer and description of products
The offer is valid as long as it appears in the online shop. Prices may be changed at any time. The images presented in the Boutique UNIGE online shop, as well as all the information concerning the products, are for illustrative purposes only and are not contractually binding.
The products offered for sale on the shop.unige.ch website are subject to availability. If a product is out of stock after the order has been validated or if it is impossible to deliver the product, the buyer will be informed as soon as possible by e-mail, to the e-mail address indicated during the purchase process.
3. Price, payment and invoicing
All prices are quoted net in Swiss francs (CHF), including VAT and excluding delivery costs. Delivery costs, set according to the principles set out below in the "Delivery" section, are indicated separately before the order is validated.
Once the order has been validated, a summary of the order will be sent by e-mail to the e-mail address indicated during the purchase process, with details of the products ordered. This communication constitutes an acknowledgement of receipt of the order and under no circumstances does it constitute acceptance of the order.
Online purchases are paid for immediately after the order has been validated. The products ordered are dispatched once the order has been validated and payment has been received.
The Boutique UNIGE accepts the following means of payment: credit cards, Twint. Cash payment is only possible at the physical point of sale and in Swiss francs.
Employees and students of the University of Geneva benefit from a 20% discount on all items on sale, after verification of their status.
For internal orders, payment by charge code is only possible for the Online Shop.
The following delivery methods are available for online orders:
- Collection from point of sale. Preparation time is two working days. At the end of this period, the order can be collected free of charge from the physical point of sale, Uni-Dufour, 24 rue Général-Dufour, CH-1204 Geneva, exclusively during opening hours, on presentation of the payment confirmation. This service is not available during university holidays.
- Home delivery. Delivery is normally made within 6 working days in Switzerland, or within 20 working days abroad, at the rates in force on the Swiss Post website: https://www.post.ch/en/sending-parcels/domestic-parcels The above delivery times are given as an indication only. Delivery times may vary depending on product availability and the delivery area. The University of Geneva cannot be held responsible for any delays due to circumstances beyond its control.
- Delivery to the University of Geneva (only for employees of the institution). Delivery will be made to the internal address given when the order was placed, in accordance with the "postal address" in the UNIGE directory (please specify surname, first name, structure, department, building). Priority is given to delivering orders to the lodge in the building concerned.
- Large internal orders. Delivery may be made in several parcels and spread over several days, depending on the availability of internal couriers.
When you receive the parcel, please examine the goods carefully and notify us immediately of any damage.
The return period is two weeks from the date of dispatch/collection of the item. The date of the postmark or the date on which the invoice is issued at the point of sale are decisive.
A return is possible :
- if you have received a different product from the one you ordered;
- if you receive a product that you did not order;
- on receipt of a damaged or incomplete item.
Returns can only be made to the physical point of sale, Uni-Dufour, 24 rue Général-Dufour, 1204 Geneva.
Depending on the circumstances, the return of goods may be refused.
The Boutique UNIGE takes great care to ensure the accuracy of the information published on the shop.unige.ch site. However, the University of Geneva accepts no responsibility for the topicality, accuracy or reliability of the information on this site.
The University of Geneva declines all responsibility for material or immaterial damage that may result from access to or use of the shop.unige.ch site, as well as that resulting from the use of products marketed on it.
Nor is the University of Geneva liable for fraudulent use of the shop.unige.ch site by a third party or for the possible consequences of an order placed without right or authorisation. If hypertext links refer to other sites, the University of Geneva is not responsible for the content or actions of these sites.
7. Data protection
Personal data collected during the payment process is managed in accordance with the service provider's policy, which can be consulted at the following address: https://www.datatrans.ch/en/privacy-policy/
By placing an order on the shop.unige.ch website, you consent to the processing of data as provided for in the confidentiality policies mentioned above.
8. Intellectual property rights
The elements of the shop.unige.ch site, in particular the images, logos and designs bearing the effigy of the University, are the full and entire property of the University of Geneva. Any unauthorised use or reproduction of the images or products is strictly prohibited and may incur the civil and criminal liability of its author.
9. Jurisdiction and applicable law
Any dispute in connection with the use of the shop.unige.ch website is subject to Swiss law, to the exclusion of any conflict of law rules. In the event of a dispute, if no amicable agreement is reached, any dispute must be brought before the ordinary courts of the canton of Geneva.